Privacy and Cookies
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you’re on the energyplus Argos tariff.
- Who are we
- What sorts of information do we hold
- How do we use your information
- Who we might share your information with
- International transfers of your information
- Your rights
- How long do we keep your information for
- Contact us
- Policy change
Who are we
What sorts of information do we hold
- Information from SSE that you provided when you opened your energyplus Argos Reward Scheme account
- Details that you provide us whilst using your account
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password
- Information about any device you have used to access and use your account
- Details of any communications between us
How do we use your information
- To allocate energyplus Argos Reward Scheme membership numbers
- To set up energyplus Argos Reward Scheme member accounts and send out member packs
- To administer your account
- And as otherwise set out in your energyplus Argos Reward Scheme contract
Who might we share your information with
The Sainsbury’s Group
If you are an Argos customer or become one by redeeming your energyplus Argos tariff rewards, then we will share your information with other members of the Sainsbury’s Group so we can provide you with a high quality service across the group. That includes sharing information with the companies that operate Sainsbury's stores and online shopping, Sainsbury's Bank, Argos, Argos Financial Services, Habitat and our clothing brand Tu.
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security! We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and services and those of our retail partners, suppliers and third parties.
Other organisations and individuals:
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we're discussing selling or transferring part or all of a business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers - but only so they can evaluate that business
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services
- Or in response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
International transfers of your personal information
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a 'Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies)
- Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information
- Never asking you for your passwords
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com By post: Data Protection Officer, 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.